Thursday, August 23, 2007

Christmas stories, please

Friends, family, and strangers...I need your favorite Christmas stories! I'm planning a huge undertaking for family Christmas gifts this year, and would love your input. I need a variety of stories - funny and sad, Christian or not, long and short. Please email them to me at paigehendrickson@yahoo.com. Thanks!!

I've not much else to say, except that I've been having some serious headaches the last three days. I don't know if it's because I'm constantly walking up and down the stairs carrying boxes, or if it's from working so hard in this blasted heat, but it doesn't feel very good. I hope the baby isn't retaliating for me bending over so much. If she is and doesn't shape up, she's not getting anything for Christmas this year.

6 comments:

Joycelyn said...

Daisy,

I have the same thing often. I'll get migraines when it is way too hot and I'm not drinking enough water. And that is what you need to do...drink more water!

When you get dehydrated, your brain swells which in turn gives you the headaches.

So, be good to your brain and to yourself by drinking tons of water when it's hot!

Sara said...

Is your baby a she?

Daisy Paige said...

Thanks for the advice, Joycelyn. I drink a ton of water every day, but I have to admit I haven't necessarily upped my intake since I started working on the house.

We don't know the gender of our baby yet, but I always get the feeling it's a girl and so does my mom, so I always say 'she' when I'm referring to the baby.

Dirtius Wifius said...

Headaches while pregnant are super common. Most doctors will tell you to take it easy and they'll go away. What with the moving, however, I think you'll just have to deal with them. I would suggest as much Tylenol as they'll let you take and then cool compresses for your head and lots of lukewarm showers to cool down your body. That's what helped me most.

brandi (and tim) said...

My doctor made me drink a gallon of water while I was pregnant. That's 128 ounces... or 16 8 oz glasses... I still try to drink that much every day, at least while I'm still nursing. Anyway, maybe you do need more water.

Daisy Paige said...

Good news update:

I think it was a lack of hydration. I normally drink 2-3 liters of water a day, but I didn't increase that when I got pregnant. Throw in packing/cleaning in 100+ degrees, and it was easy to see how I needed more.

So I started drinking 3-4 liters every day instead (thanks Brandi!) and it helped a ton. I do take a Tylenol every once in a while, but I'm able to avoid it for the most part.

And Josh got me this great head wrap that you keep in the fridge and it feels so good while I'm working! Thanks for that great tip, Heather!