Thursday, September 11, 2008

Eat your hearts out, terrorists!

We finally hosted our ice cream party on August 23. I invited 109 families, recruited three additional 'scoopers', enlisted Maryann to take photographs, borrowed a sound system, a HUGE tent shade, and several deck chairs from neighbors, and purchased an additional 15 cartons of ice cream for a total of 35 (my visiting teacher brought 8 as well). We set up the huge canopy to keep us and the ice cream shaded and kept our extra Dreyer's on ice in some coolers. We set up a couple of shady spots in our backyard so parents could easily watch their kiddies play on our back neighbor's swing set during the party. We also set up a small table with water and a 'farmer's market' so neighbors could bring extra garden goodies to share with others.

What a hit! People in the neighborhood were still talking about the party for days afterward. I took all of the ice cream bars and the few extra cartons to deliver to neighbors that couldn't make it. All in all, it was a huge success. Some random pics of the event:
Grayson was such a champ during the party. He's a very social baby, and just loved being around all those people.
He even learned how to play the air guitar! Thanks Gabe!

7 comments:

Jenise said...

You really know how to throw a party. It looks yummy!!!

BeatlesDiva said...

How fun! Man, you're neighbors and you know how to have a good time.

heath said...

That totally cracks me up!! I cannot think of a BETTER reason to have a giant party than slow-churned, YUM! my favorite!!

Wish I could have been there...
Hermana M.

Denae said...

Looks like a delicious time.. I am totally addicted to the yogurt blends.. peach and the berry granola crunch.. mmmmmmm

The Palmers said...

The video of Grayson just made me giggle! Man, he is so darn cute!!!

Amanda said...

Look at you go with your ice cream bash!!! Good job!

Debra said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I hadn't heard about those kinds of contests until you mentioned it. I'd love to do something like that. We had a blast with our neighbors at our housewarming. It's great to get to know neighbors a little better.