Thursday, February 21, 2008

All in the Family

This is the reason we couldn't name this kid. Every time I look at him, all I can think of is my father.
Grandpa Doug and his Mini-me
It's funny because we look at Grayson and say to ourselves, "He's my father, through and through!" but before my father's name carried these genes, they belonged to his mother's line. My father told me that his mother just looked at him one day and started to cry, because he looked just like her father. What's even wilder to think about is where these genes came from before they reached her family line. And Grayson's body shape actually comes from my mom's mom, and yet I always attribute it to being my current family's trait because that's what I am. And one day, when Grayson has kids, his traits will hang on Josh's last name and mine will join my grandmothers' as inconsequential maiden names that carry no meaning.

No wonder
people do genealogy. I'm absolutely fascinated, just looking at this baby, and wondering how many traits of people I've never met he carries with him.

3 comments:

Gerilyn said...

Wow Paige, that's pretty deep! I never thought about that before! He is absolutely darling! I hope you're having so much fun with him!

camery said...

Hi Paige!
I'm so glad you sent an email update! I have been wondering about you. I'm SO happy for you two! I sure do miss you! I hope you don't mind I've added your blog as a link on my page so I can keep tabs on you!
Take Care!
Camery

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.