Monday, May 5, 2008

No Room at the Inn

For Grayson, anyway. He isn't going to Cancun with us, but after a lot of worry, thinking, prayers and planning, we've decided to go without him. We feel good about the decision, but I know it's going to be hard to be away from him, even if it's only for four days. Don and Holly agreed to watch the little guy while we take advantage of this rare opportunity, and when I say rare, I mean it - they're probably eliminating the program next year, which is the reason they didn't want us to wait to take our trip until then. So we're going, and it's going to be incredible! They're flying us nonstop first-class both ways, and have you checked out where we get to stay? Here. Personally, I think the family-friendly one would have been better-suited for us, considering it's not as upscale or classy and neither are we, but it will be fun to get all dressed up for dinner and feel pretty and pompous for a few days. And the people at our resort will be drunk on expensive wines instead of cheap beer!

So now that the stress of Grayson's blessing is over and I don't have to keep worrying about whether his passport will be here in time, I can move on to our other upcoming fun summertime things! My Chem class begins next Monday (k, maybe that's not so fun), then we have Nick's wedding, then we go to Mexico, then a southern Utah trip for Les Miserables at Tuacahn, then the first Lake Powell trip, then...well, I guess we'll have to see. I haven't planned beyond June yet.

5 comments:

chartie said...

Yay! Have a great trip. You guys deserve it.

Deidra said...

So, I totally know Natalie! The first link on her blogroll is to my aunt and uncle! Crazy small world with people from Burley!

Lisa Burbidge said...

get out have a vacation. You only get so many in life, take them when you can!!! Lisa

Laurie said...

It really is so hard, I totally know! But I'm super happy to hear that you made the decision to go. What a wonderful opportunity!

brandi (and tim) said...

Cancun is so fun, and the ocean and beaches are BEAUTIFUL!! The place you're staying looks amazing. Though I must say, I'm more jealous of your Lake Powell trip... it's been almost 5 years since I've been there and I SO MISS IT.

Who do you have for Chemistry? I took that class 2 years ago.

~b