Okay, here's the deal. Josh's boss' boss was mistaken, and we can't take Grayson with us, at least not to the place they booked. It's the all-inclusive Royal Hideaway Playacar, and the rule on children is firm - no one under 13 allowed. Not even babies. I'm a little bummed because it sounds soooo dreamy! The good news is a woman named Shonda that is in charge of all the registrations, etc. is working with the resort people to switch us to one of their 'family-friendly' resorts instead. It's no Royal Hideaway, but at least we'll have Grayson with us. We should know tomorrow morning if she was able to switch resorts. She's waiting to hear back about availability for us. If she can't switch it for us, we're leaning toward leaving Grayson with family and heading out to the dreamy resort without him. I'll miss him something fierce if that happens, but it would sure be a nice break. And if we don't leave him, we'll have to nix the whole vacation anyway.
I went to get Grayson's passport done today (better get it just in case he comes with us!) and wouldn't you know the place I went requires you to have an appointment - they don't take walk-ins. So I'm going downtown tomorrow morning to the walk-in post office. The vacation is exactly three weeks from today, so we have to pay the extra $92.50 to get it expedited. Ouch! I'm a little nervous we're pushing our luck in applying for it so late, but que sera, sera.
Thanks so much for your comments, you guys. I feel confident we can travel with Grayson there and even if we end up just hanging out on the beach all three days with him, hey, it's still a free vacation!