Tuesday, July 8, 2008

July 4th recap

Grayson's first 4th of July made for a wonderful weekend, if I do say so myself. On July 3, Josh, Grayson and I met up with Maryann, Riley, and Preston to watch the Riverton parade. We caught tons of taffy candy, almost converted to Catholicism, and I accused an elected official of making too much money. Fun, fun!!
I'm so excited to get out of this chair and watch the parade, Mom!Grayson's two most patriotic cousinsEven I thought this was neato
Later that night, Don and his crew met us at the park to watch the annual 'Movie in the Park.' They showed Bee Movie. I wasn't very excited because I didn't love it the first time Josh and I saw it, but I was pleasantly surprised by how entertained I was this time around. Maybe it's because I had a baby distracting me during this viewing, and babies make life just *that* much better.

Josh didn't have to work July 4th, so we spent his day off working in the yards and around the house. I declared freedom from clutter and cleaned out That Drawer; you know, the one in the kitchen where everything ends up. I also de-cluttered my desk in the office and Grayson's closet. Believe it or not, I'm a much happier person now. We were a little worried about taking Grayson to watch the fireworks that night because he startles quite easily, so we decided just to park at a local business and watch the fireworks from inside the car. Unfortunately, all the parking lots were taken with fellow firework watchers so we ended up on a street in some random neighborhood. I love fireworks, but I don't love watching them from a car near a bunch of people I don't know, so we drove home after a few minutes. I thought my first 4th of July back in Utah was ruined until we got home and saw that you can clearly see the fireworks from our own front yard! So we laid out a blanket and caught the last 15 minutes of the show in quiet splendor. Grayson loved it so much, he slept right through all the drama and sky sparkles. Why were we worried again?

We wrapped up the weekend with a picnic up Parley's Canyon with Josh's family Saturday afternoon. I took my camera, but the only picture I thought to take was one of all the sleeping babies. Of course Grayson woke up right when we started snapping photos, but rest assured the sight of three sleeping babies was quite beautiful while it lasted.

No comments: