Thursday, June 12, 2008

My neighbor, Stuart

My neighbor, Stuart, is one of the cutest kids around. He lives right next door to me and walks through my yard to go to and from the bus stop and to find his dogs when they get out. He's also in my primary class, so he feels very comfortable saying hello to me and showing me the new toys he gets. He brings me flowers every day from said bus stop (so sorry to the neighbor's yard where he picks them!), and invited me to attend his class play where he got to play Jack in "Jack and the Beanstalk" on May 30.

Stuart's one of the best-behaved kids in my primary class, and I've inadvertantly punished him in the past when we didn't get through the lesson and on to games at the end because other children were acting up and being irreverent. I really wanted to watch his play to show him that he's important to me and that I think he's a good kid, so I threw Grayson in his car seat and we went.

I was worried about Grayson being good while we were in Stuart's classroom amongst all the proud parents and their video cameras, but he was a champ and let Stuart have all the glory. Stuart's mom, dad, siblings, and grandpa were all there; plus me, the neighbor. There were four plays in all, but I think Stuart's was the best, and not just because I'm biased. Go ahead and see for yourself how stinkin' cute he is:


The twins loved Grayson. Good thing since they're getting a new baby next January!
Stuart, Grayson, and Daisy Paige post production

5 comments:

Lisa Burbidge said...

We think you are a wonderful neighbor, thanks for always being so nice to Stuart he is just so friendly it worries me sometimes, but I am glad that he has found a place to stop on his short walk home from the bus stop. Thanks for your love and support. Lisa
p.s. will you email me the video so that I can share it with the family since I am a lame mom and forgot the camera!!! Theburbidgefamily@yahoo.com

Lisa Burbidge said...

Ok I am so sorry but I totally just erased your email, it showed up in my spam and I did not look very good at the name on it. Could you resend it and I promise to not delete it!!! Lisa

Idahomikkelson said...

Paige, you have an amazing family! Your little guy is too cute! I know what you mean about the drool! People keep telling me that Parkers teething, but it's been going on for a month and a half. Looks like he's right behind Grayson! We can compare mommy notes. I am still new to this blogger thing, but I try to keep up. I'm excited to see your blogs now!

camery said...

This is such a good example of what I love about you. Even though we (okay, I)am horrible at keeping in touch, I am lucky to consider you my friend. You have such a good heart. I love reading about your little family and seeing your insanely adorable boy grow up.
Take Care!

The Palmers said...

Preston and Riley will just start talking about you out of the blue. You are so good with kids! They think that you "love all kids." You are a special person!